International students may enroll in Curricular Practical Training where required by their academic program, or participate in Optional Practical Training subject to rules established by the Office of International Programs and the Office of Career Services.
Students wishing to enroll in Curricular Practical Training must complete the form provided by the Office of International Students and have their academic adviser fill out the appropriate portion of the CPT Application Form. The student completes the student portion of the CPT Application Form and submits the completed form the Office of International Students. Students wishing to participate in Optional Practical Training must complete the appropriate forms, obtain required information from their academic adviser, and submit the forms and other documents to the Office of International Students.
College of Management students can request assistance from their academic adviser, their Academic Program Director, or from our Student Relationship Management team. Please see the Office of International Students web pages for complete information on CPT or OPT requirements. Students are responsible for securing their CPT or OPT experiences, and are encouraged to work with the Office of Career Services to identify prospective employers.
MIS6231 or MIS6241 (Practical Training I and II)
- The duration of each course can be no more than 180 days.
- Students must provide an initial job description and a description of how this position relates to your career after graduation.
- Students must submit a monthly report describing job related activities and how those activities provide learning that will be useful in their future career.
- Students must submit an End of Directed Practical Training report, which expands on the content of monthly reports.The final report is due within 30 days of the end of the semester or the Practical Training, whichever is later. Failure to provide the Final Report will result in a grade of "F."e duration of the course, with any extensions, may not exceed 180 days.
- All correspondence and reports can be communicated via email.