Kingman E. Yee, PhD
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Engineering Building, E33
Southfield, MI 48075
Phone (248) 204-2582
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Wayne State University
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Wayne State University
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Wayne State University
Courses and Advising
- Engineering Cost Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Engineering Analysis
- Faculty Advisor, Blue Devil Motorsports
- Electrochemical Engineering
- Kingman E. Yee. “3T (Thick-Thick-Thin) Resistance Spot Weld Study.” Chrysler LLC, August 21, 2008.
- Kingman E. Yee. “A Study of Resistance Spot Weld Microstructures in AHSS: Their Relationship to Weld Parameters and Their Effect on Joint Strength. Part 1. 2T Stack Ups.” Chrysler LLC, August 12, 2008.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Failure of Resistance Spot Welds on Advanced High Strength Steels.” DaimlerChrysler Corp., June 4, 2007.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Durability Study of Two Low-voltage Electric Clamps.” DaimlerChrysler Corp., January 3, 2007.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Durability Study of Low-voltage Electric Clamps.” DaimlerChrysler Corp., April 11, 2006.
- Kingman E. Yee. “A Study of the Cracks on the J-Hooks (Engine Lift Operation) at Brampton Assembly Plant.” DaimlerChrysler Corp., July 19, 2005.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Analysis of Bolt Failure on the Trim Box Transfer Fork Assembly at Warren Truck Assembly Plant.” DaimlerChrysler Corp., August 16, 2004.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Galvanic Corrosion”. Chapter 38 of Handbook of Bolts and Joints. J. Bickford and S. A. Nassar, editors. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1998.
- Kingman E. Yee. “Electrochemical Aspects of the Automobile.” Presented at the 21st Century Automotive Seminar Series at GMI Engineering and Management Institute, Flint, MI; May 8, 1997.
- Lucy Siu-Bik King and Kingman E. Yee. “Kinematics and Grasp Analysis for Automatic Fixturing Assembly.” Presented at the International Conference on Manufacturing Automation, University of Hong Kong, August 10-12, 1992.
Honors and Awards
- Unsung Hero Award from the Association of Chinese Americans [Detroit Chapter of the Organization of Chinese Americans] (October 4, 2008)
- SAE Distinguished Faculty Advisor Award (1992, 1999, 2000, 2006)
- Unsung Hero Award, awarded by the Coalition of Chinese Organizations (Nov. 2001)
- Distinguished Teaching Performance Award, 1989-90, awarded by the College of Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI (October 9, 1990)
- Excellence in Teaching Award (Wayne State University, College of Engineering, 1981)
- Outstanding Graduate Assistant Award (Wayne State University, College of Engineering, 1980).
Activities and Service
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Detroit Chinese Engineers Association, Treasurer (1999-2006); Secretary (1998); Advisor (2007-present)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society)
- Order of the Engineer