Chris Riedel, PhD
Assistant Department Chair and Associate Professor
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Engineering Building, E35
Southfield, MI 48075
Phone (248) 204-2570
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oakland University
Courses and Advising
- Director, B.S. Mechanical Engineering program
- Director, D.E. Manufacturing Systems program
- EME 3043 - Dynamics
- EME 4003 - Design of Machine Elements
- Finite Element Analysis
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Dynamics
- Theory of Plates and Shells
- Mechanical Vibrations II
- Pape, M., McGuire, J. P., Pastor, G., and Riedel, C., “Finite Element Validation of a Cast Iron Die Shoe,” International Deep-Drawing Research Group (IDDRG) Annual Conference, Golden, Colorado, June 1-3, 2009.
- Brusoe, M., Pensar, Z., and Riedel C., “Improvement of an LS-DYNA Fuel Delivery Module Crash Simulation,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress and Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, April 2008, paper number 2008-01-02053.
- Kang, B. and Riedel C., “Wave Motion in a Planar Curved Beam,” 15th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV15), Daejeon, Korea, July 6-10, 2008.
- Jawad, B. A., Riedel, C. H. and Wood, J., “Effect of Temperature on Weld Strength in Chrome Moly Space Frames,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Motorsports Engineering Conference & Exposition, Dearborn, Michigan, December 2006, paper number 2006-01-3648.
- Riedel, C. H. and Kang, B., “Free Vibration of Elastically Coupled Dual-Span Curved Beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006, Vol. 290, pp. 820-838.
- Gesch, E., Tan, M., and Riedel C. H., “Brake Squeal Suppression Through Structural Design Modifications,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Noise and Vibration Conference and Exhibition, Traverse City, Michigan, May 16-19, 2005, paper number 2005-01-2311.
- Minter, A., Chedid, E., Jawad, B. and Riedel, C., “Physical Testing Versus FEA for a Space Frame,” Proceedings of the Sixth International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED) International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Marina Del Rey, California, March 1-3 2004.
Activities and Service
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member,Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)