“Architecture brings joy and purpose to life through the orchestration of light, space, form, and structure. An architectural education must promote sensitive and sustainable principles for design in the context of broad ecology and robust ethical standards.” Ralph Nelson, assistant professor, College of Architecture and Design
Lawrence Technological University’s Master of Architecture combines theory with practice and emphasizes the integration of technical, social, and environmental ideals in architecture.
The Master of Architecture program offers you the academic credentials for professional licensing and admission to the field of architecture. It prepares students for lifelong learning through critical practice and aims to develop architects who are committed to creative inquiry, critical thinking, innovative design, evocative communication, and professional leadership.
The Master of Architecture is a four-semester degree program that combines a core of professional studies with interdisciplinary electives in a practice profile you select. Program course work encompasses advanced design studios taught by a vibrant faculty and a Critical Practice studio, led by a nationally recognized practitioner. Core and elective courses cover theory, research, practice, and management, led by faculty experienced in each area.
Students elect to focus on one or more of the following subject areas in studio and elective courses as they construct their own personal practice profile.
Pre-Professional Entry Students with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture may complete as few as 36 credits for the Master of Architecture.
Transfer Entry (3+)
Students with more than 30 college credits, an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree in a non-architecture discipline may complete 89 to 138 credits for the Master of Architecture.
Highly motivated students located outside of southeast Michigan may apply to Lawrence Tech’s online Master of Architecture program and complete 33 credits of upper-division course work in an online format
Why Lawrence Tech for a Master of Architecture?
- You will be a part of one of the oldest and largest architecture programs in the country, with a network of thousands of alumni in professional practice all over the world.
- The program is fully accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Lawrence Tech is located in a suburb of Detroit, the city of “making” and ground zero for reenvisioning the urban landscape
- The architecture school is ranked in the top five U.S. programs in construction methods and materials by Design Intelligence.
- Lawrence Tech has an outstanding record of graduates passing the architectural registration exam (ARE).
- All students have access to state-of-the- art facilities, including a digital makeLab, woodshop, metal fabrication lab, materials library, and dedicated daylit studio space.
Your 36-credit-hour program consists of:
â€¨Domestic Applicants: There is no formal deadline for applications; however, we recommend applying as early as possible to maximize academic scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
International Applicants: All documents are required to be received at least 90 days prior to the first day of the semester for which you would like to begin.
Portfolio Submittal GuidelinesMaster of Architecture Portfolio Guidelines: Click here for requirements
Example portfolios will be posted by February 15th
For more information, contact Lawrence Tech’s Office of Admissions at 800.225.5588 or email@example.com.
You can also receive the same rigorous education we provide in our campus program fully online. Receive your Master of Architecture flexibly -- while working full-time -- from the same prestigious, industry expert faculty who teach on our ground campus.