Graphic design is one of the most dynamic disciplines in the information age, literally impacting us every waking moment of our lives in the products we use, the messages we see on billboards and signs, and in everything we read.
Lawrence Technological University’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design can prepare you to succeed in this exciting and competitive field – a solid educational background combined with the opportunity to develop and express your creativity.
Lawrence Tech’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is a comprehensive overview of the ever-changing field of graphic design, ranging from traditional print media to the latest
innovations in electronic multimedia and time-based mediums of video and sound. You’ll develop fundamental skills and explore the history and theory of graphic design. Critical thinking and creativity, important to the development of the person as well as the professional, are emphasized throughout the curriculum
You will start with drawing and threedimensional design to develop artistic skill and sensitivity to traditional materials. You can also take elective courses in architecture, business, computer science, or engineering to further explore other creative avenues.
liberal arts core curriculum encouraging intellectual inquiry as the foundation of a life-long awareness that informs artistic expression. Studies in literature, the sciences, philosophy, math, and history all contribute to the vision of the design professional.
Why Graphic Design at at Lawrence Tech?
- Team-centered environment
- All students are issued Apple laptops with industry-standard software
- Digital labs feature advanced capabilities in graphic design, animation, and virtual reality
- Photography studio and digital and video cameras available
- Art direction/advertising design
- Commercial publication design (brochures, catalogs, posters)
- Computer and Web graphics
- Environmental graphics (signage and wayfinding)
- Exhibition design
- Game design
- Journalistic design (magazines and newspapers)
- Information design (books, manuals, charts, maps)
- Marketing/brand identity
- Multimedia design (film, animation, set design)
- Packaging design
Your 131-credit-hour program consists of:
Game art core
(with emphasis on leadership
|Math and science||12|
For more information, contact Lawrence Tech’s Office of Admissions at 800.225.5588 or email@example.com.