Interior environments enhance the quality of life, culture, and comfort of occupants by lifting their spirits within aesthetically pleasing spaces that are full of invention and imagination.
Interior designers coordinate the design of interior spaces with the building shell, the exterior environment, and the social context, as well as integrate issues of sustainability, building codes, and regulatory requirements. They also engage in environmentally sensitive practices that address the current trends and needs of the profession to “think green.”
Named one of the “Top 20” interior design programs in the United States by DesignIntelligence, Lawrence Technological University’s Bachelor of Interior Architec- ture emphasizes a three-dimensional, architecture-based approach to creating humane, enabling, and ecologically sensitive interior environments for living, working, and recreation.
Interior architecture stands at the intersection of architecture, design of the built environment, and conservation as it relates to the issues of sustainability. Lawrence Tech’s program focuses on the re-use of existing structures and their subsequent transformation into new space and/or form, always keeping sustainable and technological issues at the forefront.
The program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), giving you an important advantage when entering the workforce. The Interior Architecture Student Organization (IASO) is active on campus and connects students with both of the major interior design professional organizations: the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA).
Why Interior Architecture at Lawrence Tech?
- Lawrence Tech interior architecture majors consistently win local, national, and international design competitions.
- You will visit local product resources, such as the Michigan Design Center, and attend the annual NeoCon product show in Chicago.
- You will participate in a required internship prior to graduating to gain real-world, hands-on experience from a practicing designer
- All students have access to such resources as a materials library, wood shop, metal shop, photography lab, and dedicated studio space.
Your 132-credit-hour program consists of:
Interior architecture core
|Humanities (with emphasis on leadership)||26|
|Math and science||12|
- Corporate interior design
- Exhibit design
- Furniture design
- Healthcare facility design
- Hospitality interior design
- Lighting design
- Residential interior design
- Retail interior design
- Set design
- Showroom design
- Space planning
- Automotive color and trim
For more information, contact Lawrence Tech’s Office of Admissions at 800.225.5588 or email@example.com.